Instead of working on the clean up of the room of which I am about 100% done with my part I decided to work some on my quilting. Of course after packing up all that fabric in boxes and shelves I knew I would “lose” something and that who would know if I would ever find what I was looking for but I eventually found it.
I had showed my small stack of extra blocks that had showed up when I was going through the scrap bins and some of the project boxes – I decided I would make a quilt to donate out of the blocks in the lower right hand corner. So I dug them out – small quilt – won’t take a lot of time. I had put aside some sashing strips that I thought would go with them pretty well – I thought I knew where I put them LOL –- talk about searching – well eventually found but I decided to some others as well.
I tried the blocks out against 3 different pieces for sashing. On this one I just laid it out over the piece of fabric – I’m figuring 2.5 inch sashing maybe with red cornerstones? I think this one is kind of light even though I like the fabric I think not with these blocks. After looking at the photo though I like it better than I did when I first laid it out – lets call this one #1.
This is three different pieces of fabric all pretty much the same shade of blue with different prints on them – I would mix it up a bit – this is just laying out to get a feel for it. I would probably have enough of each of these that I would just need to mix two of the pieces together to get enough sashing for in between the pieces and use one for the outside edges. I didn’t measure but these are 1/3 cuts. I have four pieces them. Again might use red cornerstones but not needed as much as the light color above would. Let’s call this one #2. I think a few of the blocks need to be re-arranged so this is not the permanent layout – second row that has two blocks with blue in it needs to be separated I think, not sure on the rest. I have one extra block not shown but don’t think it will be needed – might stick it on the back? or make a hot pad out of it.
And this was the sashing that I looked in boxes 3 times for and then found in the box I thought it was in to begin with and overlooked it 2 times! These are very long strips – plenty to work with, just not enough without cutting into it to lay out on the table. And this one is #3. I am leaning towards #2 or #3 – don’t know about cornerstones on this one – thinking not. So what do you all #1, 2, or 3?
I got the snowman ready to be framed. I cut the cardboard mat the correct size then a thin pieced of batting glued to the board, after that I centered the piece and using masking tape taped it to the board. I need to bring this with me when I order a frame so I can see how it would look and also to make sure it is the right size – I couldn’t find a frame the right size so need to get one made. I will pop winter out and replace with spring, then summer and fall – those yet to be made!
One more hexie flower getting basted. It was nice to not be looking for places to store more things – it was a rainy day and didn’t want to be bringing things down to the workshop or looking for more space in the house to stick a few more things. linking to Esther’s WOW today
AccuQuilt overstock Die Sale!! Up to 40% off of select dies and some die sets. You have to look through the dies to find the ones on sale – they are not all on sale. Across the top of their page look for the menu – the last word listed is Sale – click on that and it brings you to the sales, but when you get to the dies you need to look at the price to see if the one you want is on sale. Sale good until January 31st.