I think I spent almost all day with fabric yesterday other than an hour at the dentist to find out that I need another crown but that it could wait until early next week – I wasn’t sure when I made the appointment what was wrong – just that I had a sore tooth – turns out it is a cracked molar! oh well it doesn’t hurt a lot and Monday it will be taken care of – I was just glad I was able to get in right away to have it looked at.
Between cutting hundreds more hexagons for Handful of Scraps and sewing dozens of two inch squares into sashing for Scrappy Stars – a lot got done on such a rainy day – a light rain all day was needed in our area. Of course a lot gets done in the sewing department some days because I spend a lot of time by myself – Mike is working some crazy hours sometimes and I have the house to myself and food only gets cooked if I feel like it and I do make use of leftovers.
Two more hexagon flowers are needed for each corner of this quilt that has taken at least a year to get to this point – – actually I just looked it up in my little notebook that I jot quilting things down in and it seems I started this quilt on May 12, 2016 so not even a year still!!
this well be one of the new hexies
and all the rest – over 200 neutrals cut and 8 hexie flowers now in the can- most need to be basted and sewed. I will be working on this over the next week or so.
AccuQuilt dye for hexies makes it easy fast work once you figure out what fabric you want to use. (Also the sale at AccuQuilt continues through the month — Buy More Save More – ALL GO Dies on sale now.) (this die that I have cuts both papers and fabric for one inch hexies – I also have one that is for 1/2 inch hexies)
10 short sashing strips for the last two rows of Scrappy Stars and one of the 4 long strips needed still.
One more row of blocks needed to be put together – the long row of sashing on the top is just laying there right now for the photo – that is the first step to work on today before getting the last row put together and then make the 3 long sashing strips to finish this quilt off.