Yes the top is done! Nice feeling to have another finish this early in the year. Bigger than I had originally intended – but this is a nice size and I can still do the quilting by my machine if I want to. The Juki can handle a big quilt. I’m not rushing into quilting it immediately I plan on taking a short break from it! Finished at 79 x 92 inches. I could have made it square like I do a lot of mine but it would have meant doing one more row and I was running low on a variety of aqua fabric and only have two colors left.
When I started the 16 patch centers this box was full of 2 inch squares – now– A very noticeable dent has been made in the 2 inch box!!! And that is a good feeling – sometimes when making a scrap quilt you feel like no progress was made in the scraps – this time there was. I was down to mostly browns and greens and of course the white which I had not used. I managed to find enough color variety to finish the last sashing last night.
The Scrappy Stars top finished! And it does look totally different than I had originally planned – once I added the scrappy sashing it completely changed the look of it. Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Fort Worth Fabric Studio and A Quilting Readers Garden.
A close up. I used the Accu Quilt cutter for some of it – I do not have one for the 2 inch squares and most of those had been cut a long time ago – the white squares are 3 inches finished cut with die # 55701 and the star point units are made with #55703 also finishing at 3 inches – you of course do not need the die’s I just happened to have the right size and made use of them.