For what seemed like hours I was pressing fabric. Some of these fabrics have been folded for a very long time stuffed in boxes on the shelves and now in big plastic boxes which actually give them a little more room to expand. I never did get around to cutting out any more blocks for the air ship propeller’s but I sure hope I get to it today.
This is the stack that I started with that I showed you yesterday – at least 30 pieces here and that is not counting the neutrals that were in another stack. I got through all of these.
One of the pieces I picked was this one – this piece is 16 years old and this is the last large piece of it – about 18×30 inches – and I know just when I got this one – this was bought for my grandson’s baby quilt and he is now 16.5 years old!! It has gone in numerous quilts over the years – I only needed a little bit for his quilt of this piece and I must have bought several yards for some reason. I have some of it in the scrap boxes cut in little pieces – I will use this one in 2 or 3 air ship blocks.
These two groupings for the hexies are left to thread baste for the Handful of Scraps quilt.
these six are done. I will never use this type of hand dyed fabric for hexies again though – I have some scrap pieces in my bins but have learned that they are tougher to hand stitch through than batiks for some reason. The blue that I just finished and the purple on the other end of the photo are in that group and several others that are scattered throughout the quilt – many needles have bent while working on them. I know which ones now are the tough ones and will avoid for hand work in the future.
Rain for the next couple days will put off getting the garden soil worked up and weeds cleaned out – I was going to do it this weekend but I was still blowing my nose too much – it will wait for later in the week. Linking to Em’s Scrapbag this morning and Love, Laugh, Quilt and Cooking Up Quilts.