Usually I know what fabric I will use for binding a quilt some time during the process of quilting the quilt or even as I finish making the top – putting the fabric aside while making the quilt. But with a scrappy quilt that isn’t always possible I was looking fabric over yesterday trying to decide. These are two that I am thinking about – there is enough of either –think!- I would need to measure again to make sure.
It is sometimes hard to get a good photo of light colors – this batik has a hint of yellow and a very light green in it. I am linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Sew Fresh Quilts , Jo’s Country Junction, and Quilt Fabrication.
Here it is with the other fabric, I thought maybe the colors would come in true but neither is now! The above photo shows the true color for that one shown – the second one here is not quite right.
This is the one I am leaning towards right now – the other one with the spots although a green also has more of a brownish cast to it.
I had Mike help me pull out the table (it is very heavy) on Monday night so I could spread out my mats once again to cut out the long strips needed for the Murrieta Stars quilt. I am becoming so accustomed now to using the table fully pulled out that I wonder why I didn’t do this before we started on the remodel of the sewing room forcing me to use the dining room and living room for my work spaces. I have about 72 inches of work space here with the table pulled out to full size. Two 36 inch mats are spread out and taped together to prevent them from moving much. With the table spread out there is little walking around the table in the room especially with my cutting table in the corner which you can’t see here so I can’t leave it out all the time – I have barely used my cutting table for cutting since I was moved to the dining room!
I left it all out overnight so I could continue working today – just stack things up so we have room to eat and the room will be put back to order in a day or two.
More mulch collected with the wheelbarrow yesterday morning along the stand of pine trees and I am saying I am finished – well I correct myself – I might need two more barrows full along the other side that you can’t see in this photo – I just remembered I didn’t have enough for the side that you can’t see in this photo – lets make that almost done – another photo in a couple weeks when things grow more. I might put more flowers around the beds still to dress them up a little.