Yesterday I had to admit finally that I had over done it with the outside work and didn’t do much. I had lost my energy. My green beans finally got planted and the grass got cut (I’m sitting for that how difficult is that) but after that I came in the house and between reading and doing some sewing not much else got done. I thought later I should have at least vacuumed the house but I didn’t. I admit it – I did too much all week and needed part of the day to veg out. Super Woman I am not.
This hoop area is left on one side of the border to finish then start from the middle out and go to the other end. I am glad this quilt is coming to an end- the weather is warming up and it is getting hotter when working on it and trying to keep as much of the quilt as possible off of me while working on it.
Three more stars done! Ten left to make. Then the job of more cutting comes up. I need to square all of these blocks up and see what the measurement is – supposed to be 9.5 I wonder if it will be I really haven’t checked closely. Then I believe it is 30 blocks to be cut for the in between blocks – they are the mustard yellow type of color – I will put the portable design wall back up most likely so I can study color placement before I start sewing the rows together. I have not decided if this quilt will be hand quilted – maybe big stitch (or what I call big stitch – I have a hard time doing big stitches after years of practice to make them small) or will I machine quilt it with the Juki in straight or wavy lines – I’m really not sure at this point – I think I need to see how big and heavy it is when I get done with it and decide from there.
These are what is left to do – I clip the dog ear ends off of the pieces as I get ready to do each star – I find it a boring little job to do and by doing just one star at a time it makes it easier to me.