I meant to get some sewing done – I really wanted to finish up those mini blocks and get three of the one done for this week but other things just got in the way. I also meant to try out my strip cutters that I got from AccuQuilt – they were delivered yesterday – I did open the box! but I never got any further.
Here are the strip cutters I got – I like how they package them so you can see what size they cut without me showing you LOL – I well try them out soon.
I had everything out on the table to get busy with the mini blocks – and here it all sits this morning – waiting on me.
I had some errands to run after I got done with exercise – exercise really cuts into my afternoons – I am trying to exercise five days a week for 75 minutes – plus I need to drive there and back – and fit in any stops at the stores before I come home. When I went to Lowe’s to pick up a bag of potting soil and see if they still had some mint plants I picked up a couple hummingbird feeders as well – the last ones I had kept leaking so I spent just a little more and hope these are good this season. I did find the mint plants and need to get them planted today – the one I had is not doing good – first I found a lot of ants under the pot and couldn’t get rid of them – I put the pot in a bucket of water thinking to drown them but they came up through the soil and now are on top! So this one is getting dumped and started fresh.
And the other one
So what else has been taking up my time this week – finally I have a part to play in the remodel of the sewing room – the new ceiling is in place and it is my job to varnish it – we are doing the walls and ceiling as the dining room was done and that means a lot of varnish. I am doing the ceiling before the walls go up and the floor is laid down so that I don’t have to pay attention to dripping – one coat is now finished and it will need 2 or 3 coats total. I leave the window open at night in the room with a fan pointed to the window to draw all the fumes out and the door is shut with a heavy blanket tacked over the door frame to keep any fumes from getting in the rest of the house – and the A/C blocked off in that room. Then when morning arrives I shut the window and put the A/C back on with the door shut so everything dries firmly. It took two days of over an hour each day to put the one coat on – more later today and Friday. Still a lot of work to do – but progress has been made. This little bit will need to satisfy your curiosity for now.
After I got done with that I went outside to breath in fresh air and watered the garden – then just sat on the porch with my Ipad chatting with my sister Vicki out in Virginia – Mike is working late all week and I have the afternoon and evenings to myself. No cooking supper – just easy stuff to eat.