I had enough hexies thread basted yesterday to sew one row together –
Just laying down next to it – I think I will put 5 rows together first then attach to the body – then do the opposite end and then the sides. Linking up to Em’s Scrapbag & Love, Laugh,Quilt & Cooking Up Quilts.
I decided I liked fabric #5 the best. Thanks for all your opinions – it is hard to decide sometimes isn’t it. This is a Hoffman Bali Batik – I purchased a large amount quite a few years ago from Hancock’s of Paducah I used it for background fabric on a quilt called Twisted Stars and had about 4 or so yards left and have been using it up over time I think I am down to less than a yard now. (back when it cost about $8 a yard and I got it on sale for $6!! – I think they are now $11 to $12 a yard)
Now before I go any further with it I need to make some freezer paper templates and glue baste the ends of the pieces down so that I can applique nice and easy and it always goes faster that way – I have come to the conclusion that if you ever EPP a project and loose interest do not take the papers off the ends – one day you might eventually go back to it and have a finish of some sort and it comes in handy to have the papers in. Luckily I found a pattern on line and enlarged it on the printer and have the right size pieces. I was surprised to see some templates to print off as I really didn’t think it would be allowed but someone changed the original pattern some what and put her own instructions and pdf files on line to print for free – it is a different layout so I guess that makes it ok. The original pattern was from a book published by Quiltmania and it was quite pricey – I had bought it and templates and I believe I did a trade of a fabric kit in exchange which suited me fine.
The sunflowers have been attracting the bees – I see them every day and usually more than one at the garden. That might be helping the rest of the garden as I now have about 5 cantaloupe growing and some cucumbers (no many but a few)
The roses have been few and far between on this climber – they have been very poor this year.
Although in this photo you can not see all the tomatoes the plants are covered in green tomatoes they are just being very slow to ripen and I get two or three every 3 days or so. There are six plants of various varieties in this bed, 1 more in a different bed and then 3 more in another – too many!