I have been working one row at a time on Tumalo Trails for sewing the rows together and that will be how I continue it. I have one more row to add – that might get done today but I won’t be surprised if I skip today and work on it Monday instead – I would like to get it all out on the floor so I can take a photo of the 5 rows complete and Mike is working 12-8 so I can get things moved around better knowing I have the house to myself and no one traipsing through the living room while I work with fabric taking up the whole floor. I will put a strip of neutral fabric around the sides and then it has the piano key border on it which I think I will stick with using scraps from all that I have used in the half square triangles plus others most likely as I doubt I have enough left from that for the whole border. Linking to Quilting is More Fun than Housework.
It was time to trade out quilts on my bed for something different so the Postage Stamp Quilt was taken off the bed and put on a rack (it was getting a little heavy for this time of year) and Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses which I finished in 2014 – hand pieced using Inklingo and a running stitch, not English Paper Piecing was put on the bed – I had not had this one out for awhile – it is very light weight and almost too small for the bed it might not be on it for long – it was one of those disappointments that shrunk a little more than planned and I would have liked it longer for sure. I think it ended up about 86 x 89 which is really almost too small for a queen bed with a deep mattress –
At some point today I will start to thread baste more hexies – I would like to get about 30 more hexie flowers ready before I add to the base again – I will be linking to Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy this morning.
The garden from the side of the house by the deck – I wanted to show just how much that tall sunflower stalk is compared to the rest of the garden – it has to be at least 7 feet tall now and really seems to be growing over 6 inches a day – it has 4 buds at the top of it – the stuff covering the wire fencing next to it are the Morning Glories that are not budding out and now has a lot of leaves turning yellow – too much rain perhaps – we got another 1.5 inches on Friday night – bringing our last 8 day total most likely now over 6 inches!! Luckily most of it is being sucked into the ground and I only have 2 areas that are kind of soggy.
More of the double blossom daylilies have opened and so orange this year, they seem brighter than normal.
The roses on the other hand have not done well and I have not had many blossoms at all – last year by this time of year they were twice as tall as they are now – climbers. I did cut them back last year to about 3 feet tall as they had done poorly by the end of summer and I thought they needed to be trimmed cutting them back has never made them have a poor year.
We did cook out last night but didn’t think to take a photo until after the hamburgers were off the grill!