A fairly busy day! In the morning I got more tomato sauce in the crockpot to simmer all day so I could can it in the late afternoon. While that was cooking with no attention needed! I was vacuuming and washing floors. Sat down for awhile to finish a book outside on the porch – another nice day, picked up the Stain Glass wall hanging to quilt a bit – then back to the kitchen-back to the couch to read- then piecing on the Primary Colors quilt – topped it off by putting a 3rd coat of varnish on one of the walls in the sewing room and then taking a walk around the property 3 times to get the smell out of my sinuses! Yep – a pretty busy day.
5 pints to join the 4 in the pantry cupboard – Marinara Sauce.
Progress on the center of Stain Glass Stars – I am so glad I soaked the glue out – it is making it much easier to quilt – but the points of the stars are so full of seam allowance that I am just doing a straight line in the middle.
I can see this is not a clear photo but it gives you an idea of the stitching I am doing – I will try for a clearer picture later.
Three more blocks to join the others for Primary Colors – and yes I noticed that mistake as soon as I stepped back to take a photo – the first one! I took it out last night and will fix it today. The blocks are 24 inches so right now it is 72 inches square. I think instead of whole blocks (24 inches) I am going to make up some 1/2 blocks (12 inches) – I will lay it out first to see what I think before I sew – I have enough to make at least 3 more blocks which if I leave them whole would make the quilt 72 x 96. I will have to look up to see what a full size quilt is – you know I never make them and I’m not sure what the measurement is! after seam allowance is sewed and quilting – washing- drying of the quilt I’m sure it would shrink down to about 67 x 92 or something like that if I do whole blocks for a 4th row and have it 3 x 4. I have more fabric and can cut more blocks if I decide I need to. Only 3 of the blocks are pressed so I need to get busy and press all of the blocks before I start to join the blocks together.
The block to fix if you didn’t spot it –