Yesterday I got the wall hanging squared up, binding cut, machine stitched and started the hand stitching. The light in the dining room is not a true color bulb I just realized that when this showed up so yellow – not so true!
This fabric is the tail end of a bolt of fabric that I bought years ago to be used as the background fabric of a quilt called Twisted Stars. Not much left as you can see – but some to still put back on the shelf.
One corner done.
I put folded squares in the corners for hanging – I will get a wooden dowel to fit. I put them in all four corners so that If I want to hang it long skinny I can or if I want it wide and skinny I can!
Another quilt that I got out to look at was the Scrappy Baskets. The pattern calls for 300 baskets – I know I am tiring of this quilt already, it really isn’t “me” to begin with so I gave it some thought yesterday and I am going away from the design. Now in the pattern there are some 4 patch blocks – just a few here and there so that is where I got the idea from – I thought why not alternate the baskets with 4 patch blocks, it will get done faster and I have plenty of the neutrals. I had two baskets cut and ready for applique so I finished those last night and then got started cutting some squares today for the patches. I laid some on the floor to get a feel for it. Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.
I think it will work out ok – I don’t know if I will still need to do more baskets to get a finish out of this one and I don’t know if it will finish queen size – but that is ok. It will be done and one more out of the project boxes so I can make more! This is not the finished layout- just scattered to get a general impression of what it would finish like.