I have about 5 weeks to get this quilt quilted and bound for the raffle for the library and of course once I got started I started to have tension issues which I never have with my Juki! Yuk – I am horrible at adjusting tension. So I am taking a break from that and here are photos of what is done so so.
A couple days ago I got the quilt spread out on the floor with the backing pinned to the carpet as I always do if I am prepping a quilt for machine work (which I really do avoid as we all know – not my thing)
Got the whole thing pinned in 3-4 hours with lots of breaks. And yes if I do many machine quilts in the future I will need to find a new way to do this – over the years I have heard plenty of you mention how you do this so there are a lot of ideas out there in blog land.
All pinned and ready for work to start – and believe me I consider it work – not fun.
Getting bobbins ready. Cleaned and oiled the machine – changed out needles.
Have my sewing spot in the living room extended out – ironing board in back of the sewing machine table and a little side table to the side.
Not bad for the first days work – this was done on Wednesday.
Now to fiddle with the machine and try to get it working – I sure hope I do not have to find a place to bring it in – I did not purchase from a dealer – there is no local Juki dealer – I bought it slightly used from another quilter who ordered it from an on line dealer – I have had it for at least 4 years with no problems and she had it for about six months before selling it to me – I need to get on line and try to find out where I can get it serviced for if I can’t deal with it myself and so I know for in the future. (this is a no bells and whistles machine – straight stitch only – oil and clean it, change needles is usually all that is needed) Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today and Crazy Mom Quilts .
September Supplies Event at Craftsy this weekend Up to 50% off on supplies and kits. Starts today through Sunday the 24th.