Still not much accomplished in the quilting area while I am waiting for the thread to arrive for Murrieta Stars. I should start marking it in some way but I kind of want to wait for my needles and thread so I can play with it a little and see how it quilts – tough or easy – tough = less quilting!
So yesterday I did do a little more on my Round We Go but I have been moving really slow and taking my time. Only two more pieces to put in so I imagine I finished it last night after I wrote this. I’m having a hard time finding something to watch on Netflix – sometimes I look through the titles one after another and see nothing that sounds interesting – any suggestions? I have watched a lot over the last couple years so chances are whatever you say I have seen!
I got the big bin out for Handful of Scraps and reorganized the fabric into two smaller boxes. I well get back to work on this quilt pretty soon – I want to finish the round we go pattern 2 first – 4 blocks for it and almost 3 done now. I’m trying to do sets of 4 each month.
Then I brought them to the shelves and remembered I had 3 tin boxes full of hexies to add to it so I put them all in the big box – so all of Handful of Scraps fits in the big box and the little boxes on top have the half inch hexies – Granny’s Gone Crazy.
Then every thing went back on the shelf neatly – lot’s of boxes here but I know what is in what so that is good! I try to remember to add a label to each box so I can clearly see it and not have to open things searching.
The top of the dresser is looking much better!! Still have some plastic shoe boxes left over and I think I can get the wool folded and fit into about 2 or 3 of these and fit them on the fabric shelf behind the 2 bins that hold thread. The smaller plastic box has scraps left over from the last couple projects and I really need to get the accuquilt out and cut these pieces up and add the to the scrap boxes and start on another scrap quilt one of these days – something that will take a long time because I sure do not need another top done quickly – there are too many waiting in line to be quilted right now LOL
I have barely even begun to play with the new sewing machine while I wait for the new table top to come and get it varnished and ready to attach the legs. The babylock doesn’t fit in the Sew Ezi table at all right now and I don’t want it to take up half of the other table so I’m just not doing much of anything with it right now until I get the new table for it. I was asked wasn’t it easier to just get the new insert for the SewEzi table – the table “shelf” sits up too high for the Presto2 and it would need to be lowered which involves 4 new “legs” for it totaled up a new insert and those pieces is only slightly cheaper than another wood table top to match the other one. So overall I think it will look a lot better and only about $15 more.