Some of you will understand and some won’t but the quilting I showed you on Murrieta Stars yesterday has been ripped out! That’s right all the stitches are out and I’m starting over again when my new thread arrives. I just wasn’t happy with the thread – it sunk into the flannel too much and it wasn’t giving me the look I wanted. So before it went any further I decided to take the stitches out – spritz out the blue lines and have a do over. I have ordered some Aurifil #12 thread that is more like embroidery thread. I ordered in a dark blue and a dark green so I decide which I want to use when it gets here. I used that thread for the Postage Stamp quilt late last year and I was very happy with it – it is much thicker than regular thread and will give me more of the look I want. Also I’m not sure if I want all those chain stencils – it is a lot of work and with the way my hands are feeling right now I might go with more of a grid instead – straight lines are easier on hands then curvy things. So back to a clean top.
I did get all my rulers hung (most that is), some do not have holes in them, or the holes were too small and my peg board filled up quickly.
I got the new Babylock Presto 2 out and turned it on. Started the video lesson and learned how to fill the bobbin and thread the machine – and even sewed a line to try it out. It is nice and smooth but lots to learn.
The last of my Sweet Mint was cut and dried and I now have a half jar where as I had none before as it had all been used – sometimes the plants come back in the spring and sometimes they don’t. I will leave the three pots out and put mulch around them next month and leave them for the winter and then see what happens – most of the time I need to buy new plants. They certainly do not cost much and I got my moneys worth out of them. I had six trays full of fresh mint to dry and ended up with about a cup dried – isn’t that the way it always goes. I put in in small amounts dried into the coffee grinder and have it in smaller bits.
I store my tea in these jars, each jar holds about 2 cups dry I think. I had peppermint and spearmint in pots too but they didn’t do well this year and I used it all up so I had to resort to ordering some. Only a half jar of sweet mint now – but I’m sure I can survive on what I can find mail order from my favorite tea company.