Well Primary Colors is done – well that is other than one little spot of thread that I have to fix that I didn’t spot before – it has been washed and dried and finished at 76 x 86. Overall this was a fast quilt, if it hadn’t been for sewing machine troubles I would have finished one or two weeks ago.
It was time to get the quilting frame put together –a lot of you know about my frame and have seen it for years in the photos – but those of you that are new and started to follow me since January you have not seen the frame as we have been working in the room – I bought the frame from an old guy that had a wood working shop near Branson MO about 100 miles north of me. It is hand crafted out of oak. Mr. Turney died some time ago and I think he would be pleased to know I am still using this frame 20 years later. Here we are getting the bottom stabilizer rod in place. (these are all heavy steel hollow rods)
Next the back rail goes in place.
And yes then the next two and all bolts get tightened up. The piece across the top has a goose neck notion holder that can slide all across the width holding my thread, scissors and needles and clamp on lights if needed. The old leaders (the originals at 20 years old now) are all just hanging there for now as I got a bit tired out yesterday and needed a break – I didn’t get as far as I had hoped to. The new leaders are all hanging over the rails ready for me to hem them by machine and then get the old off and the new on. You can see how crowded the room gets once the frame gets in place – this is a narrow room (used to be shared by our two girls). The room is 18 feet long by 9 feet wide – we took out the closet on Mike’s end of the room giving us about 3 more feet in length and that made the built in cabinet for me and give him a little longer desk this time around.
This angle of the room shows how all I have to do is turn my chair around and slide on over to the frame
For Slow Sunday Stitching yesterday I didn’t get much done but I did get my little container of half inch hexies out and made one more LOL – the navy blue with the aqua center – didn’t get much hand work done at all.
For those that don’t remember this piece I started it quite some time ago – using scraps only and just working on one at a time when I feel like it – this well be a table runner of some size – not sure yet. Here is is on the end of the coffee table – not even the full width of it.
For supper last night I used one of the butternut squash I got from my brother at the farmer’s market that he sells at and made some roasted in the oven – a little olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper – bake at 350 – 400 (I used the convection setting so not sure what you would use) and baked at 30 minutes and shut it off and let it stay in the oven for another 10 minutes while supper was finishing up – serves two easily although Mike doesn’t eat it so I had half yesterday and will eat the other half today!
I really want to make progress today and get the leaders hemmed and start to get them on the frame – I hope it will go easily and maybe by Wednesday I will have a quilt on the frame – for those that asked I did a little search on Marietta Stars to see who has the pattern – I bought it in a kit at Craftsy but they no longer have it but Fat Quarter Shop has the pattern only for about $5 marked down so if you want it better look quickly – I put in link in yesterdays comments or maybe it was the day before. (no affiliation)