Moving along on the quilting of Murrieta Stars – it is the main thing I am working on these days. Shown from an angle what I did the last several days.
This area was on Monday night – and yes the color is not right – it is so hard to get a good shot of the accurate color. I hope when I get done with the quilt maybe I can take it outside and get a true color shot. I am linking to Sew Fresh Quilts – Jo’s Country Junction – Midweek Makers — and a new to me blog Mama Spark’s World.
Design is all drawn on to the border now to get it quilted.
This shot from last week is more the true color of this quilt. Isn’t it just so irritating when you can’t get the color right in the photo!
Three of the borders are sewn in strips now on Hertfordshire but not attached to the center – I’m doing all of them first – then I will attach two of them, and then the final two after I get the squares sewn onto the ends.
I had picked out a fabric for the backing for the hexie quilt last week but then I remembered I had some white/blue print that was used in a lot of the hexies to use – I had put it aside and forgot about it when I decided to not applique it to a background to make it larger. I have plenty of it to sew together for this top.
The blue-white print in in a lot of the neutrals here.