Lots of sewing got done on Saturday – it was a chilly light rain kind of day. Nothing to do after I got home from exercise except sew or read – right? and I wasn’t in a reading mood so sewing it was.
I got long rows of birds sewn together – all of them!
Then I cut sashing for in between the rows – the sashing is just on the wall – not sewn in place and yes the rows are hanging uneven on the wall you aren’t imagining it LOL – it is hard to hang things straight on the wall I think! Once the sashing is in place and all rows are sewn together I will decide on borders to make it larger. Right now it is about 62.5 inches long but only about 50 inches wide I think so I need a little more length and a bit more width. I really hate the thought of making 7 more birds for one more row but I might need too – but before doing that I would have to look over my brown fabric for sure as I am running low and would need the same two that I am using for more sashing and I don’t think I have enough for that and for the top and bottom sashing so it will have to be wider borders of some sort. Mike says it looks like the birds are on a lattice in a garden. Linking my scrappy birds to Quilting is More Fun than Housework .
Applique on Morning Glory from Friday night while the Olympics were one – two tulips now done and the bird on this side. I had trouble with the tail and improvised as part of my fabric frayed badly as I was unpicking to redo but in the end it turned out great – I actually tucked a small piece under the tail and made a new middle feather – the fabric blended really well by cutting out a piece of the print that matched. Then had trouble with the beak area (the beak is not a separate color as the pattern shows it this way), trimmed of a little piece and reshaped it slightly. For Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy I will work more on this and the quilting.
The birds were going crazy out the sewing room window as I was sewing – this and the next taken through the screen.
I tried to brighten the color on this one a little and adjust and it isn’t quite right, but the cardinal is red as it should be!
No quilting was done on Friday night but I did do some last night.